Tuesday, September 2, 2008

On Getting Work Done

I have a list of deadlines, both internal and external, on the wall beside my desk. It is not directly in front of me; I have to crane my neck to see it. That strikes me as significant. It is always there, almost within sight, but not what's foremost in my vision, or thoughts. Usually my deadlines--internal ones--are off by a good month, largely because external deadlines (and student papers, oh the student papers!) take precedence. My list of deadlines seems amazingly short right now: external deadlines will be met by the end of September (except the ongoing work of sending out manuscripts), leaving me essentially one internal goal to meet per month for the rest of the semester. Sitting here on one of my "off" days, half an hour before picking up LG from school, it all seems quite manageable, in fact. I have pencilled in projects in my planner. I am not yet behind (of course, the first bunch of papers comes in next week). I am making steady progress.

I am sure there is something I am forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment