Some of the high (or low) lights:
- Lovely lovely, oh my goodness, lovely dinner with 3 lovely ladies. I had an actual drink. And I was out until 9:40 at night (let's keep in mind usually I am in bed at 9:40) without my children. The last time I did that involved a conference, an estrogen level of 1800 or something, and my ex (see Feb 2011). Ahem. Anyway, I so fucking needed that.
- Pre-dinner dessert with LG. Which would have been great except she was surly because, and I quote, "I HATE SCHOOL." I have emailed the school social worker and will see what I can do about that one, because it makes me sad. I don't want her to be one of those bright kids (and really, it's not just me, EVERYONE says my kid is bright) who hates school because she's bored out of her skull.
- On the eve of my birthday, I SLEPT FOR ALMOST SIX HOURS STRAIGHT. Yes, you read that right. Thank you, Tiny Boy. Now, if those six hours hadn't ended at 3:45 am, it would have been a whole lot better, but I guess I have to take what I can get. That doesn't make up for the waa-waa-snot-fest of last night, but we might be making progress.
- I got a massage. Yay for that.
- I read a chunk of a book. And a chunk of another book. And it was good.
- I saw the stupidest resident on the face of the planet AGAIN. (I saw him the first time when I needed an ambien script and he diagnosed me with "mild insomnia" and told me that I didn't need ambien, I just needed to NOT WORK). So this time he told me that no there was nothing really wrong with my eyes (despite the fact that they were draining yellow gunk). I called back a day after my appointment and the nurse talked to my actual doctor and I have an actual prescription for antibiotic eyedrops, which I do not really want, but damn it's nice to wake-up without the eyes gunked shut.
- I puked last night. I puked up an utterly wonderful and ridiculously expensive dinner because I got the crud from my son and have been coughing for like a week and that's what happens to me sometimes. So crying baby, puking mama, good times.
- I deleted a voicemail from my sister without listening to it. (I did unfortunately listen to the second one she sent, as she sent it from someone else's phone and I didn't recognize it on the caller ID, but at least it was only birthday pleasantries.) This morning I sent my sister an email which was very polite but the gist of it is I know what you did so back the fuck off you lying bitch.
- My mom gave me a fat check for my birthday in part because she "bailed" (her word) on me for the conference and I lost a hefty deposit. I am thinking I will use the remainder toward the deductible on my psych eval when I return to see my therapist in a couple weeks and winter camp for LG (because apparently my mom is incapable of visiting without consulting with or inviting my sister). Using it for anything else just feels like I'm being paid off, even though I know that wasn't her intent. What I really needed, of course, is NIGHT TIME HELP SO I CAN WEAN THAT BABY BEFORE THE NEXT CENTURY but I guess that's just not going to happen.
- So here's to a happy start--and no I'm not being sarcastic--to a new year. And now I need to go take some more eye drops and eat leftover cake.
Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you mostly had a great day. Sorry to hear that you're sick.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for an amazing year.
Happy Birthday! The 40s aren't that bad - though it sure does SOUND old. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! Sounds like a mostly perfect day. You deserved it. Now to get TB weaned and sleeping through.
ReplyDeleteHurrah for the good parts, sympathy on the less good ones, and best wishes for a glorious year.
ReplyDelete