Tiny Boy is 'graduating' from preschool today. The gesture is of course more symbolic than anything else, particularly given he'll be at the same school for 'summer camp' until he goes to kindergarten after Labor Day.
But he's five (and a half! he'd insist). And clearly an almost-elementary-schooler and not a toddler. The end of an era, for sure.
And I also can't help but remember at LG's preschool graduation (same teacher, no less) I was literally having a miscarriage. I'm so far from that world today. I'm both grateful and wistful. We've all grown up so much.
But he's five (and a half! he'd insist). And clearly an almost-elementary-schooler and not a toddler. The end of an era, for sure.
And I also can't help but remember at LG's preschool graduation (same teacher, no less) I was literally having a miscarriage. I'm so far from that world today. I'm both grateful and wistful. We've all grown up so much.
Aww. Congratulations to Tiny Boy! My sons just finished preK a few weeks ago. They definitely think they are "big boys." :-)
ReplyDeleteSuch a big kid. I was thinking of our own long strange road today. My son is almost as tall as me and holding him--which he still, happily, insists on--is getting more difficult all the time. Grown up so much and so fast...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Tiny Boy (and to you)! I've been reading your blog since before his arrival, and this is a real milestone.
ReplyDelete