- Our cat is hanging on. Doing better, actually. The emergency vet recommended a course of azythromicin to see if she had mycoplasm (sp?); given that there was some improvement, we're keeping her on it for an additional 2 weeks. Her breathing is definitely better, and she's eating. I imagine this will be her last winter, given chronic health issues and weight loss, but for now, this is good. I'm taking a lot of pictures of her snuggled with Tiny Boy.
- I bought a black light to find where the cat has been peeing on the carpet (which was new in APRIL). Ewww. Much more of it than I thought. Let's just say that when she dies I will be replacing the carpet.
- We are not going to my mother's for Thanksgiving (I've had various iterations of the No Trump Thanksgiving as way to control or avoid my now brother-in-law); I decided to invite a newly single friend. We will cook and drink wine and it will be lovely.
- I invited my ex-something-or-other up to do a talk. (Like, with an honorarium and a flyer and all that.) I will likely regret this decision come Saturday morning but for now, vague flirtation by text is highly enjoyable.
- We have reached the part of the semester when I want to read ALL THE NOVELS (because I don't teach novels and don't read many of them, which is something else that happened when Trump took office). So if you have recommendations for literary novels written in third person point-of-view I'm all ears. I am currently reading 1984 which I haven't done since high school. Whoa.
- Two and a half more weeks of class, plus finals and administrativia and then I'm on sabbatical. Amen.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
RBOC: End of Semester Edition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's the thing with having an elderly cat--you love them, but that's why you can't have the Nice Things. Pictures are good. Our sweet guy (19) went to sleep in the sunshine in the yard this summer and never work up. It's hard to argue that we'd wish more time for him.
ReplyDeleteAnd enjoy your sabbatical!