On Friday I skipped out on yoga in order to work.
On Saturday I skipped out on a "meeting," held at 7 pm, in the hopes that I'd fall asleep early, rather than late. It worked.
On Sunday we did pretty much nothing, other than attend a birthday party.
Today I hired a babysitter, as both kids were home, and did the stuff that really required doing in three hours. Then I made banana bread and we went to the children's museum.
Low key days, productive days, happy days, not jam-packed days. Saying no is a really beautiful thing.
On Saturday I skipped out on a "meeting," held at 7 pm, in the hopes that I'd fall asleep early, rather than late. It worked.
On Sunday we did pretty much nothing, other than attend a birthday party.
Today I hired a babysitter, as both kids were home, and did the stuff that really required doing in three hours. Then I made banana bread and we went to the children's museum.
Low key days, productive days, happy days, not jam-packed days. Saying no is a really beautiful thing.
We did nothing but grocery shopping and going to the library this weekend. It was delightful. (Well, we puttered about the house and walked to the park and stuff, but overall, homebodies.)
ReplyDeleteHoorah for saying no! I have been taking weekends off and it is wonderful!
ReplyDelete(Also yes I call it Work At Home Wednesday and it is a god send! Breaks the week up nicely)