Did I mention we joined our university organic CSA?
I totally believe in it, and want to support it, but we are drowning in the greens, people.
Today I made pesto out of cilantro, kale, carrot tops, and parsley. Because we hadn't eaten all of last week's share before we got this week's share.
I'm planning on roasting our scapes.
And making fritter things with zucchini and scallions. Or zucchini bread. Or something.
And what do I do with cucumbers? I like cucumbers, but three of them is excessive (and I didn't even take our full share).
I'm glad this is the extent of my problems today. Privilege, indeed.
I totally believe in it, and want to support it, but we are drowning in the greens, people.
Today I made pesto out of cilantro, kale, carrot tops, and parsley. Because we hadn't eaten all of last week's share before we got this week's share.
I'm planning on roasting our scapes.
And making fritter things with zucchini and scallions. Or zucchini bread. Or something.
And what do I do with cucumbers? I like cucumbers, but three of them is excessive (and I didn't even take our full share).
I'm glad this is the extent of my problems today. Privilege, indeed.
Give the cucumbers away! Everybody loves cucumbers.
ReplyDelete(We always use up all our cucumbers because DC2 loves them). Things I like:
Cucumber sandwiches-- toast, cream cheese and cucumbers. (Can also add beets or roasted veggies or tomatoes etc. Don't actually need the cream cheese, but I like it. Can sprinkle with dill or garlic salt but don't need to.)
Cucumber viniagrette with or without onions and tomatoes.
Tzatziki
Cucumber spears to dip in dip or dressing (a big favorite with DC2)
For a change of pace, you can dice the cucumbers and saute them with steak and your favorite stir-fry sauce-- ours has soy sauce, vinegar, and a bit of sugar. Cucumbers work surprisingly well stir-fried and provide a nice contrast to the meat in terms of texture in a stir-fry.
Also: sliced for sushi or poke!
ReplyDeletePickle the cucumbers. They are fantastic and don't take long. You can choose brine or vinegar, I prefer brine, but had some cucumber with apples I vinegar that were to die for. Don't forget to add dill, cucumbers go best with dill. I love cucumber salad in the summer, just cucumbers and dill with a few drops of oil and Balsamico.
ReplyDelete