Tuesday, July 4, 2017

RBOC: Early July Edition

  • The past few days have been particularly summery:  we spent Sunday at the beach and today Tiny Boy and I did yard work, followed by swimming pool, hot dogs and watermelon, and vanilla ice cream (dyed blue because, well, five-year-old boy).
  • I have not made much headway on various home repair projects, most notably the basement.  One guy (the guy I actually liked) has not given me an estimate, despite multiple attempts to get in touch.  I'd like a structural engineer to look at the foundation, but it turns out they are hard to come by (for residential purposes).  Oy.
  • The collaborative book project that has been the bane of my existence for the past few years continues to be....but the end is in sight.  Working on copyedits!
  • The absolute best news:  it appears my Crazy Junior Colleague has accepted another job.  I'm not sure what will happen programmatically (will my chair want me to pick up my admin job again?) but simply in terms of day-to-day departmental peace this is awesomely awesome.  I truly wish her well; she was miserable here and made many other people miserable.  I hope her new department is a better fit and allows her to do what it is she wants to do.
  • LG is at her grandmother's for the week.  She's happy.  Tiny Boy is happy.  I'm happy.  Tiny Boy is asleep by 8:30, while LG goes to bed the same time as me....so I have evenings to myself.  This morning I made him french toast out of leftover hamburger buns.  Tomorrow we'll go swimming after daycare/camp.  I can keep him there longer and still have more concentrated time with him.
  • Summer is going fast.  I'm not going to finish everything that needs finishing....but I feel like I might be moderately well rested when it's done.

2 comments:

  1. "Crazy Junior Colleague has accepted another job"

    FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As above. Also: LG is at her grandmother's:WHOOT! I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete