The non-sleeping part of last night was
amazing. After Friday's nap refusal (I mean that pretty literally...he slept like 30 minutes all day), Tiny Boy napped like a champ yesterday and fell asleep easily for the night at 7:00 pm. I had an hour alone with LG, and then two and a half on my own, mostly reading (finished
The Marriage Plot, read
168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think, scanned a professional publication). Let it be said that I did
not spend any time on work related matters, though I actually have two deadlines on Monday.
Tiny Boy woke to feed around midnight. At which point all I could hear was my undergrad neighbors. By 1:00 am, I called the non-emergency police line to deal with them. It's freaking
January February and they're outside partying?! (Stupid me, perhaps they were making a snowman while they drank beer and got stoned.) Then it was 2:00 am and I was still awake and Tiny Boy needed to eat. And then it was 3:00 and I woke from a nightmare. And then it was 4:00 and Tiny Boy needed to eat. And then it was 5:30 and Tiny Boy needed a diaper and milk and a mommy rocking session. And by 6:15 I gave up thinking he was going back to sleep.
But I think now if I go get some juice and "milk him" (as LG and I like to say) it might actually be time for his first nap. At 7:00 am.
I think maybe I should have done my work last night. Because I certainly don't want to stay up late doing it today. Ugh.
I'm so sorry you have to deal with sleep issues. And noisy neighbors! Ugh! I hope tonight is a better night.
ReplyDeleteP.S. It's actually February. ;) Which reminds me of the first few months after the twins were born. I had no idea what month it was or even day of the week.
Yeah...and it's almost march. Oops!
ReplyDeletegotta love the sleep deprived new mother brain. SIGH I hate college kids. Around here is it summer that is the worst. Can't even sleep with windows open because they stumble home drunk at closing time and wake me up! GRRRR
ReplyDeleteOh geez... I so know those kinds of nights and do they ever suck... its the head-fuzzthe next day that is the worst.
ReplyDelete