Thursday, August 7, 2008

Books and Babies

Too tired to put together complete paragraphs, so here are a few bullets:

  • Knocked out a draft of that grant proposal this morning. That's good. Makes me feel like I'm somewhat on top of things now that the countdown to school has really begun. I may or may not get the grant--learned that last year--so I'm approaching this as a draft of the book proposal, which will need to be done soon regardless. I know there will be a lot of uploading nonsense and bureaucracy, but at least the project outline is relatively straightforward.
  • I have promised myself that I will not turn myself into a lunatic about/while ttc this time around. If it starts having an effect on my relationship with LG or if I get too stressed, I WILL STOP. That is a promise. Right now, I'm pretty calm about the whole thing, which seems good. Of course, I didn't sleep well last night, which doesn't bode well...
  • My plan is to do a trial run of Clomid next month (next week?), to see how it goes, before investing real money in the project. The ob/gyn takes a low monitoring, low meds approach as standard protocol, which has me a little wary. (I'm pretty sure that I need more than Clomid as luteal phase support, but I'm willing to try it once to see how it goes. Vaguely contemplating Vitamin B6, but I'd rather not start messing around on my own.) One thing I am pleased with is that she uses Lovenox instead of heparin, which is only once a day, with pre-filled syringes. Pills and needles and sonograms, oh my!
  • As much as I like the no-teaching aspect of summer, the classes I'm slated to teach in the fall should be good. I'm doing mostly books I know inside and out, with a few new things for flavor. There will be grading marathons for my big class, and a constant trickle of things in the small class. I might need to suck it up and get a babysitter for Sunday afternoons again (perhaps daughter of department chair?) to stay on top of grading.
  • Trying to remember the three P's [Patience, Purpose, and Peace]. Trying to not lose sight of the big picture, while realizing that life really is in the details and day to day choices (gawd, now I sound like a self-help book).
  • Tomorrow: more on agents and journals. Work on revising the encyclopedia entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment