Monday, October 13, 2008

Annoyances

  • My fabulous mood--the one I had before I started this whole ttc journey--is quickly dissipating.
  • I went for my baseline sonogram this morning. Waited for *40 minutes* for what turned out to be a 5 minute appointment. And I didn't even get to see the pretty follicle-in-training.
  • My RE would like to cancel my cycle, not because I have an ovarian cyst that makes medication a bad idea, but because he would like to see me in person about the various questions I had regarding his changes to my protocol, and he can only see me after I would need to start medication. Why am I wondering about the use of Clomid, dear doctor? Well, it's because, *you* told me unmedicated cycles would be a better choice when I saw you a month ago. Is doing another unmedicated cycle simply not possible?
  • I was told by an editor of an anthology that I need to discuss a major political figure I have no interest in ever mentioning in life, much less in an academic paper.
  • I need to make up book orders for spring courses, which involves the busy-work of checking ISBNs.
  • Needing to write multiple letters of rec for students who simply should not be going on the market. Unfortunately, it is not really my place to tell them that. That is the job of their chair.
  • Needing to finish grading midterms. I like teaching, I really do, but grading essay questions hastily written in pencil is not my idea of a good time.
  • A mild headache, probably from the above.

I think I need some chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment