Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sick Day

Well, Tiny Boy stayed home from daycare today, as he had the eye gunk and a fever.  Eye gunk turned out to be an infection of the eyelids, and he would appear to have some kind of virus to boot.  Which, of course, he has shared with me, along with some gnawed-on teething biscuits.

He's been in daycare I think a month now and has had two colds, a bout of diarrhea, eye gunk, and this new virus.  In his previous ten months he had two colds, despite having a school-aged sibling and being a teeny-tiny winter baby.  I am not looking forward to this winter.

He's been fever-free today, so my current plan is to take him to daycare and then have a sick day of my own  It might not be room service at a swanky hotel, but some goodies from the bakery, lots of hot drinks, my laptop and a not-really-for-work book sounds mighty nice.

But the best news?  He SLEPT last night.  Not sure if it's the new white noise machine or the illness or what, but he only woke three times (12:30, 3:30, 5:30) and didn't get up for the day until 6:45.  I'm desperately hoping for a repeat...

3 comments:

  1. well, it looks like you're getting gelato. Not quite the ice cream you were hoping for, but a day to yourself might feel a tiny bit sweet.
    I'm sorry you're all sick though. Hope LG doesn't get it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, that's about the same schedule Bunlet's on. Or not at all funny.

    I'm glad you've taken a sick day, but I say you still deserve something more. Come on hotel weekend!

    ReplyDelete