Sunday, October 7, 2012

Well, now this is shitty

Yes, I mean that literally.

Over the course of the week, Tiny Boy's poop has gotten increasingly disgusting and diarrhea-like.  And indeed, this morning I was looking at one of those mucousy green concoctions that landed LG at a pediatric GI's office and eventually on Neocate.

Coincidentally-timed virus?  Perhaps.  But Dr. Google confirms that poopy problems can arise from Prevacid.

You know, the drug that let my son sleep last night.

Really.

He went to bed at 6:45 (?) and woke for the first time at 11:30.  And then I don't recall hearing a peep out of him until somewhere around 4:00 (of course, he was in my bed, but that's another story).  If I am remembering this correctly, well, that might be the best he has EVER SLEPT IN ALMOST 11 MONTHS.

I'll give it another couple days.  And cram bananas down his throat.  But, please, don't let it be the medicine...

6 comments:

  1. Could it be that he's just getting a lot less milk during the night and that that changes his poop?
    Also: glad to hear you're getting more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poop definitely changes depending on what he eats...

    but mucous + green is never normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap. I hope that if it is the meds, his system can adjust over a short time? Hate to have to choose between sleep and digestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poop problems led to our break up with reflux meds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poop problems led to our break up with reflux meds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is shitty. A night like that is worth fight for. Please let it not be the Prevacid. Please universe.

    ReplyDelete