Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Bathroom Saga

So far I have spoken to two plumbers, our usual handyman co, and one bathroom designer.  Of course they all have different options for what we can do.

LG is all ready to tear down our entire bathroom (and part of my bedroom, you know, to make the bathroom GINORMOUS), but she's not the one paying.  I have to admit, it's fun contemplating a fantasy bathroom.  But I also remember fondly the description of our house before we bought it, advertising its ORIGINAL TILE as a selling point.  I suspect for anyone who buys a 1941 house, that's going to be true.

My options seem to be so far:

1. Redoing the shower faucet, with or without updating anything else.
2. Redoing the shower faucet, plus talking to a tile repair guy about repairing tile and reglazing tub.
3. Redoing the shower faucet, plus putting in cultured marble shower liner in lieu of tile.
4. Demolishing the whole damn thing and starting over.

Today option 2 is my favorite, followed by 3.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment