1. I just turned in my tenure portfolio. My department chair was pretty blase about the whole thing. I'm glad it's done, but the finality of it has filled me with a sense of dread. I mean, I won't find out officially if I actually GET tenure for another full year. And now it's totally out of my hands. And if you read this blog you know that I am a control freak. I am skeered, people.
2. When the medical assistant called me to give me instructions today I was told to stay at my same dose of Menopur and add Ganirelix for two days, come back on Thursday for monitoring, for IUI on Saturday. Have I mentioned that I have a single follicle at 16+ (and an E2 level of over 300) and no chance in hell of anything else developing? Thus began phone calls back and forth so I could actually find out what this plan was all about. Turns out Dr. G was trying to save me from driving back there every freaking day this week. Sounds good to me. But then I started thinking, if there's no actual *medical* reason for waiting, and I'm already concerned that this poor follicle has been way overexposed to LH, why the fuck would I want to take Menopur for an extra day? And why not get this cycle over with as soon as possible? So I left a message that may or may not be returned today, and I'll take Ganirelix + Menopur tonight regardless, but methinks I won't be waiting until Thursday to trigger. Argh. Argh. Argh.
No comments:
Post a Comment