If it's blatant (not their voice, I recognize it from somewhere else, doesn't match assignment) or if the student is already pissing me off with lies, I'll go digging. Else, I don't spend time on it -- not enough hours in the day. I also try to do fairly cheat-proof assignments. They're unique enough that if they copy from elsewhere it's a past section of my course or they'll have chosen something that doesn't fit.
If it's blatant (not their voice, I recognize it from somewhere else, doesn't match assignment) or if the student is already pissing me off with lies, I'll go digging. Else, I don't spend time on it -- not enough hours in the day. I also try to do fairly cheat-proof assignments. They're unique enough that if they copy from elsewhere it's a past section of my course or they'll have chosen something that doesn't fit.
ReplyDeleteYeah, my approach is similar. I've got at least two in this batch (of forty), with another three that I'm hunting around for things. Ugh.
ReplyDelete