- After the night of insomnia and Fioricet (Tues), I slept for 9 hours last night and easily could have kept going if it weren't for the blood draw and the business of the day. The only reason I woke up (no alarm) was somehow the cat ended up replacing my pillow with her body, which was not pleasant. Sleep is good.
- Lunch with Best Professor Friend today. Haven't seen her in a few months, so it will be good to catch up.
- Long talk with A last night, who has been out of town, about Menopur and DHEA and red sandals and blue toenails and crazy sisters, among many other things. She promised me when she comes back she's going to have a Universe Sucks party and keep me company while I drink the vodka. (Of course, I only drink vodka once a month, and tonight's the night, so it might be a vodka-less vodka night. Of course, my mother being here sort of puts a damper on vodka night, so we'll see.)
- Two weeks until the tenure file goes in. I'm trying to turn this into a good thing. That my part will, essentially, be done, and I can concentrate on the rest of my life. And take LG to a beach somewhere (of course I need a bathing suit that doesn't showcase my lovenox/menopur belly).
- My girl is coming home today. I expect a lot of bad behavior in the next few days (it's the consequence for being away from me) but a nice big hug. I'm trying so hard to become a mother that it's often difficult to enjoy just being one.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Small Good Things (Beta Day Edition)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blue toenail conversations. I love the friends who can provide the escape of very intense conversations about things that don't really matter. They are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and LG. Maybe granny boot camp will result in excellent behavior. Here's hoping for that one!