Friday, December 4, 2009

Small Good Things Before the Appointment of Doom

(One would think that I would be massively freaked out or depressed about all these major life goings-on. Oddly, I'm not. Perhaps it's denial. Perhaps I'm whacked out on hormones. Anyway...)
  1. Snow! Our first (albeit pathetically minimal) snowfall of the season. I live in a place that historically has snow as early as October. This year? The evening of Dec. 3. Despite the minimal amount (like, not even covering the ground), LG, who rarely wears a coat, decided she required snow pants, boots, the whole get up, and almost missed her bus.
  2. Leftover pizza for breakfast. Yes, it's making me feel pukey (one of two things that makes me think Crazy Nurse might be right). And yes, I will pay for it later (headache, digestive problems), but it was definitely necessary to order a pizza last night (after LG went to sleep) and devour it and eat it again this morning.
  3. A cc'd email from my chair, requesting that a new colleague talk to ME about a particular project he wants to undertake. Too often in this big place I feel quite small and powerless. Nice to be acknowledged for what I do (even if it potentially means more work!).
  4. Organic sanitary pads. Yeah, given how much I'm bleeding, I'm glad these things exist. I used to use the regular ones and then about four years ago my body completely rebelled against them. As in, insane allergic reaction. I should tell Dr. Gorgeous to keep some in those pretty baskets in her bathroom.
  5. One more week of classes, plus exams. I have never needed winter break as much as I need this one (please don't remind me that it's a week shorter this year!).

And now I am off to have my uterus examined...

3 comments: