Does anybody know if you can monkey with the footnotes feature of a word doc so that the footnotes can take up more of the page than the body text? And, actually, different amounts of space on different pages? Or do I need some fancier program to do that?
You will totally make this chapter if you can figure that out. Thank you.
Now back to your regularly scheduled blog reading.
You will totally make this chapter if you can figure that out. Thank you.
Now back to your regularly scheduled blog reading.
Footnotes section usually adjusts itself based on how many footnote text you have in there. You can't manually adjust it yourself, but it should let you type as much text as you want in a footnote, even taking up more space in the footnote area than the rest of the page. Hope this makes sense.
ReplyDeleteYou should also be able to adjust the footer height under Page Setup options. Depending on your Word version, you may find it under Page Layout. Just playing with it, I do not see a way to make them different per page. You may have to create a separate doc for different pages.
ReplyDeleteYou may also be able to do it with the side rulers on, pulling the top part of the footer up with your clicked mouse. You would be able to make it different per page by adding in "section breaks" (under layout, page setup on the ribbon) before and after the page in which you do this.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Think I might have figured it out. The issue is basically I want a continuous footnote that spreads across about 20 pages of text...and I want it broken up certain ways depending on the other portion of text... or at least I think I do. We'll see how it goes...
ReplyDelete