Friday, October 9, 2009

All I can come up with for a title is "This Sucks"

The good news: Dr. Gorgeous and I will not be having the chat about whether to put back 3 embryos.

The craptastic news: only 2 eggs were mature. Fortunately, both fertilized.

My head is spinning, my heart is racing, and I'm trying very hard not to give up on those 2 little embryos before they've even had 24 hours outside my body.

But, shit, this sucks. And there's nothing I can do about it. Not even drink a lot of vodka. But let me tell you, I'm taking Valium on Sunday, with or without transfer.

8 comments:

  1. You're right. It sucks. I'm so glad that you have two that were mature and fertilized. Don't give up on them yet. Have hope as they can be remarkably surprising and resilient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucks big time. I'm still going to hold out plenty of hope, though, that (at least?) one of those remaining tough little ones is The One.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 fertilized!
    Hoping for a good growth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craptastic, indeed. Sorry.
    Well, here's to the upcoming valium-induced calm and to hoping that one of these little guys sticks it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bites. Sorry Gwinne. You have two mature, that's good news for this cycle. I am so very hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your two little ones and hoping they thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's call them "the little eggs that could" and repeat the mantra: I think they can, I think they can ...

    Hoping it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I think big numbers are overrated. I've gotten big numbers on both of my IVFs, but never even attained even a hint of a BFP. And on the first one I didn't even have any embryos make it to freeze!

    But I can think of several occasions where someone had less than three embryos (on two occasions it was just one embryo) and each of those ladies now has a baby or babies.

    So numbers, schmumbers! And cheers to the two embies that could.

    Hang in there. "Sucks" doesn't even begin to fully describe this process, but if it leads to a baby or two then it's all worth in the end.

    ReplyDelete